Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Day Our Lives Changed..

There are many days in life you can look back on and pinpoint and say "my life has been forever changed since that day". 

We have actually been looking forward to celebrating one of those days on September 27, almost four years ago we became "The Murphy's". We were surrounded by our friends and family, in pure joy I remember telling Pastor Jim, but mostly James how it would make my heart overjoyed to be a Murphy. 

Now (almost) four years later, my heart is still overjoyed to be Mrs. James Murphy.
Over the past four years we have been through a lot, two pregnancies, a colicky baby, moving in faith, my father's death, and so much more.

Another day, we can now pinpoint and say our lives are forever changed is September 16, 2012.
This past Sunday at around 2:30 p.m.
That morning was a great morning, we went to the City Market downtown and took a really close friend with us for the first time. 
We ate at a placed called "The Paleo Grill". 
As we were leaving downtown, I told James I wanted to stop by Aldi because they had some stuff on sale I needed to grab.
We decided to go to one of the nicer ones on the way home.
After grabbing 5 dozen eggs (they were on sale for 89 cents a dozen! and we go through some eggs!) we proceeded to head towards home.
Maybe a mile down the road from said Aldi, is a Price Chopper..
We were in the left hand southbound lane (there were a total of four lanes), the car next to us slowed down to turn into to price chopper.
The next thing we see is a car pulling out of price chopper headed straight for me.
I don't remember if any of us said anything.
I remember thinking "Jesus, protect my babies!", the angle the car was coming at I thought I was going to be hit head on. I did not know if I was going to be able to make it through.
Somehow, between James' defensive driving and Jesus, she did not hit me directly. I still do not know how this happened, other than by the grace of God.
We of course pulled over, called the police, all the normal stuff..
I praise God for being able to walk out of that car accident.
Our friend did get really banged up..


What's happening now? 
Well to be honest we are going through a time with the other person's insurance. It could be up to 30 days before they will determine liability. 
In the mean time, we do not have a car, or the money to rent one or start repairs on ours.
Our friend is out of work and on some pretty heavy medications for pain.
We are praying about what to do next.Get an attorney? Wait it out? Finding witnesses, praying the police report will come out sooner.

Should we be sharing our story yet?
I honestly don't know. It is the truth, and we want to share it with others to glorify God.
If something happens, we will delete this post, but in the meantime we feel like we should update you as fully as we can.

How are ya'll doing?
Well, to be honest, we are frustrated. 
Physically we are all fine. I have a scratch on my arm, that is it. (Can i get a praise God?!)
Our friend got really banged up, she was in the back seat with the car seats, and just not a lot of space to begin with. (Prayers for her are needed and appreciated!)
The kids haven't been napping, just waking up screaming in a sweat. So we are rebuking nightmares over them..
I honestly haven't sleep amazingly myself, not from worry, but from seeing the car head towards me. Unfortunately I am having trouble getting rid of that image.
James seems to be okay overall, frustrated and stressed, mostly because a time that is supposed to be joyous has turned into something else..
We are thankful to be alive. We have peace that only comes from above.
But when dealing with people who do not want to help you, it gets stressful and frustrating.
Also, when you are used to being independent and having a car (which we know is a HUGE luxury), having it taken away from you, with no promise of getting it back to you soon, it really is frustrating.
We hate having to depend on others for rides. The only place we can walk to is The Global Prayer Room at IHOP-KC. (Not a bad place, but we are eventually gonna need groceries.)

Be in prayer that the situation would be resolved quickly.

Please forgive me if you can't follow this, and for any typos. I started this post at 3 AM. Needless to say, I am tired.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment