Saturday, July 30, 2011

the Lord is great

We have been here 2 months.
We love it.
We have grown in the Lord so much. I don't know if I can (or if i have the time) to put it all into words to write here. But I will try the best I can.
Kansas City, MO is great. I prefer the "outskirts" of town, compared to downtown. Downtown is great, lots of fun things to do, but, I guess I really am a "country" girl at heart. I mean our apartment complex is called "Calico Farms"! No worries, its not a farm!
We have learned there really is a "Missouri" time. That means everything thats not on "IHOP" time is late and laid back. Even the yardsales..forreal, yardsales don't start till around 10 am, the early ones start at 8 am...
I have learned the Midwest is definately NOT cooler than Alabama. In fact talking to my mom everyday and hearing about rain, kinda makes me jealous since we have been in a heatwave. (think like 115 degrees for at least the past two weeks).
Missouri doesn't pray for rain like Alabama.Its so weird. Due the the flooding of the river, i think they are praying for a drought. I am from Alabama, I only believe in praying for rain! not drought!!!
Now onto more "serious" issues..
The Lord has shown us fullness in His provision. Everytime we have a NEED he seems to always provide.Alot of those times its through you guys (yep, our friends). Whether you support us monthly, or have given a one-time donation. Just know that the Lord has truly used you to help us. Thank you for following the Voice of the Lord. We can not say thanks enough.
The Lord has opened up doorways to minister in different ways..
and we are more than excited to see what other doors he will open.
I have ten weeks before our second child, Justice Aaron, is due. We are very excited for our first boy! It also helps that this pregnacy has gone so much smoother than the first. I am standing on God's Word each and every day,  we are proclaiming Psalm 37:28 over this little boy. "For the Lord loves Justice".  (You know, Psalm 37 is pretty good, take the time to read all of it.=] ) Everything with Justice is going as "planned", and I am kinda getting to that "nesting" phase.=]
I do have a doctor here, and a hospital and everything. So don't worry! I am taken care of by the Most High God!
We do have a major prayer request. Within the next ten weeks, we need provision to move the rest of our stuff from Alabama. For this we will need either a truck and trailer or a uhaul. Right now, in the physical, we don't have means for either. All of Justice's stuff and ALOT of our stuff (including AG's) stuff  is in storage. We have a washer and dryer there! If you can help us out with this is would bless us tremoundously. (If you are wondering what to get Justice, his stuff from Alabama is a great start!) We don't know anyone who is making the trek to KC so, we are thinking we will have to rent a uhual..but, the LORD works in crazy awesome ways! Either way, pray for an open door and lets follow the Lord together!
Blessings! We miss you all and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment