As a mom, you are constantly trying to make the best decisions for your child. There are so many decisions you must research and come to a conclusion.
Most of the time, once you make a decision that you love you want to share that decsion.
Some of my favorite mommy decisions have been cloth diapering, baby wearing, and (the attempt to) breastfeeding.
All of these things have "support groups". They have a group of ladies that I can get on facebook/text anytime and ask questions about anything related to that topic.
You can talk about poop, sickness, laziness, & the horrors of raising a two year old.
I love my support groups. I check them out as often as I can to help others, or get answers to questions I have asked.
Now this is where it gets hard. (I am stepping on my own toes here!)
We have all made one decision in our life that brings us together. We have accepted Christ and choose to follow His leading.
Why aren't we as eager to share that decision as much as the latest cute diaper?
We love our decision, and we go through hard times, just like anything.
Why do we keep those hard time's inside instead of going to a "support group" (aka body of Christ/family)?
Why do we bail out on the prayer groups on facebook?
Why do we scroll past those requests from Missionaries?
And those unsaved friends we deleted because of their unsavory posts, do we miss them, do we pray for them?
I am re-discovering the joy of turning to my "support group".
They know everything about the topics above and about raising kids in the joy of the Lord.
They know what it is like to have nap-time's be "mommy's time".
They know the struggle of training children and having a heart full of God's love.
They encourage those days full of "horror" to be days full of blessing.
Now talk to me, do you have a "support group"? Are you sharing the decision that changed your life with anyone?
~Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment