Thursday, November 1, 2012

Taste & See..


The Angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.
 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!
There is no want to those who fear Him.

Psalm 34:7-9



If you are like me, when you hear this passage you forget everything except for the "taste and see" part. 

I have this passage memorized thank to a wonderful coffee shop I worked at that had "taste and see" on the employee t-shirts.

Ak's Coffee Company. I think this was taken "Opening Day". I am second from left.


Many people asked what the whole passage is. Some just wanted to challenge me, some honestly had never heard of the verse.


The part that everyone remembers is "taste and see that the Lord is good"..
What about the rest?
Lets just dwell upon it for a bit..



The Angel of the Lord encamps around those WHO FEAR THE LORD!
Whoa!
Wait, he delivers us, too!?

This CAN NOT get any better!

Taste and see that the Lord is good..
Wait, I can try it out? If He's "not good" I don't have to "stick with it" like a bad sweater I bought on clearance?

BUT WAIT, WHOA, we get to try it out, but BLESSED is the man who "trusts in Him".

What if that tasting and seeing part was kinda hard? I mean, you weren't rolling around in cash like the "televangicals" tell you will happen. (Not all TV preachers are bad. In fact, many AWESOME preachers are now on TV)
But, now blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord.
So, when you don't have cash to roll around in, you are blessed for trusting the Lord with your finances?
Exactly.
You are blessed.
When you don't have a car, friends, job, a "normal family", a spouse, or the dream job you always wanted.
You are blessed.



And as if that is not enough. There is one last statement, that is somehow ALWAYS overlooked that will blow your mind..
There is NO WANT to those who fear Him.

 the next verse goes to say 

The young lions lack and suffer hunger;
But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.


That doesn't mean you will get the new iphone 5 right now..

Why isn't the iphone 5 good? Its not that it isn't. I would love one.

But in my opinion "good thing" refers to the work of the Lord.
You are the Lord's handiwork, he will cover you NEEDS. (think NEED not want)
He will also provide for the dreams He has for your life.
That means you do not have to go and sell your body to science or on the street to do His will.
He will provide in His timing, miraculously, if you are seeking Him.

"Oh, Leah, how do you believe that?"
Because He always has provided for us. He always will. His timing has always been perfect.


God is so good.

~L



No comments:

Post a Comment