"He bids me to come & die, so that I may truly live"
Die. Death. Those are words almost taboo in today's society, except among this generation of "young people". Isn't it glorious that WE serve a God who can turn such negative things into such a POSITIVE thing.
Now, Philippians 1: 19-26 is how I live.
19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
God is clearing out the gray areas in my generation. This is evident by the fact of, there are those obsessed with Christ Jesus or those with no hope. With the gray areas being thrown out, we must pray. We must love.
I am excited about this gray area being thrown out (at least for this instance) as the lukewarm (or gray) will be vomit. (Rev. 3:16)
I am so thankful to God that I look to a future glory in death now. I know death is not an "escape" from this world. I thank God that thoughts I thought are not mine anymore. I thank God that he reached out to me and touched me. I thank him for friends who made me talk to them, instead of doing something. I thank God that He has let others open up to me, where maybe I showed them a piece of eternal glory.
I thank God that death is life to me.
Recently, everyone around the world took part in "To Write Love on Her Arms Day". This started back a few years ago, it is based off the TWOLA story (http://www.twloha.com/vision/). You write "love" on your arm, if you want to stop suicide, if you believe rescue is possible, and you believe people were created to love and be loved. I (for the first time) did not participate. As i was drawing the word "Love" on Amanda's arm, I became so convicted. Awareness is only brought forth a few days a year. What about the high schools filled with kids who don't know what to do. Those who don't understand why they have a broken family. Those who think death is an "escape", where truthfully, it isn't an escape at all (if they don't know who Jesus is). I then realized, this is where prayer should come forth...
Lord, raise up Your generation, show us Your eternal glory and love. Lord, teach us to stand in the gap for depression/suicide.Thank You.
~L
No comments:
Post a Comment