Saturday, September 25, 2010

Marriage-

We will be married two years on Monday, September 27. =] This is a very exciting milestone and we know we have MANY MANY MANY more anniversaries to come..
We have been looking back on when we dated, our engagement, and such and using this time as a time of refection...
I remember that I would always have to fuss at James to get him to hang out with his best friends. Not that he didn't want to, but he is a man that stays focused.and when his focus is to woo a girl, his friends kinda got pushed back. I hated his one track mind when his friends would get mad at me. But now that he REALLY misses all of his friends CONSTANTLY, thats not a problem. (Oh and we are married, so he doesn't have to woo me too much anymore=]) But, i LOVE his one track mind. Because he can focus on the ONETHING that really matters most (and i am NOT talking about myself!) I am talking about Psalm 27:4.
Last year on our anniversary (and the weekend before) we had the opportunity to attend the Tres Dias weekends. That meant I was going to be gone on my anniversary! and we just found out we were pregnant! instead of being selfish and letting me stay at home.My wonderful husband said that the Lord had ordained this weekend, and he was making me go.=]
My husband is wonderful. I can't say I haven't memorized Philippians 1:6. That says "He who has begun a good work in you will complete it UNTIL the day of Jesus Christ." and I know he has repeated that verse in his mind more than TOO many times about myself..=]
 When we got married, I understood a whole new level of Our Bridegroom,  I personally could understand a little more of Isaiah 62:5. Because I still remember how James "rejoiced" the moment he saw me walk down the aisle, so much more does God rejoice over us!
Now that we are parents, God has revealed EVEN MORE of himself  to us. We are learning a "Father's" heart more so.
I can't wait to see what else he will teach us through our anniversaries!=]
Happy Two Years James, I love you!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment